Logo close icon

Information for Landlords

Work with Middlesex University

At Middlesex University, we are keen to build links with responsible local landlords, and estate and letting agents who have high quality accommodation to offer our students. Our Private Rented Accommodation Office will be able to provide information on renting your property and are available to answer any questions you may have.

Contact us

Private Rented Accommodation Office
Middlesex University
Email: pra@mdx.ac.uk
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8411 5068

Your property

There is a small fee to register your property with us to advertise directly to our students quickly and easily. Details of these charges and the online registration process can be found on our dedicated website middlesexstudentpad.

All properties for rent must be fully furnished and within reasonable travelling distances from our campus in Hendon, north London. Our accommodation listings are impartial and inclusion does not imply recommendation by the University.

Please note that we reserve the right to remove your details from our listings at our discretion.

Register to advertise your rooms and properties

Key information

Peak times

Our students usually begin their search for accommodation in the months leading up to the start of the academic year in September, although we also have a small intake in January. There are, however, always a number of students looking for accommodation throughout the year.

Required documents

You will be required to provide the following to advertise your property:

  • Completed registration form
  • Current gas safety certificate
  • Passport or photo ID
  • Recent utility bill for the property


Landlords will typically need additional cover as standard homeowner's insurance is not designed for landlords and their rental properties. You must advise your insurance company that the property is being let, and in addition to buildings and contents cover, you should also check to ensure you have sufficient public liability cover. A popular insurer of landlords is Endsleigh Insurance. Do take note that having the right insurance in place is essential.

In this section

Back to top