Logo close icon
Studying in autumn 2020 during coronavirus

Undergraduate finance

Your course fees

Full-time courses

  • Our undergraduate fees are currently £9,250 per year. For a typical three year degree, the total costs for your studies will be £27,750
  • Tuition fees are subject to inflation which might effect full-time and part-time fees
  • Some of our courses also require you to take part in field and residential trips which may have additional costs but these will be outlined on the course page.

Part-time courses

  • Part-time fees are calculated per taught credit which is currently set at £77 per credit for all programmes
  • A full undergraduate programme is made up of 360 credits and different modules carry different credit weighting
  • More information about module credits can be found on your chosen course page
  • As a part-time student, you can apply for a student loan to cover tuition fees and maintenance loans through the Student Finance website.

Any queries or concerns?

Ask us a question

Call +44 (0)20 8411 6400

Visit Student Finance England for helpful info like video guides.

  • Nursing and Midwifery courses

    If you're studying a pre-registration nursing or midwifery course, you will have access to the standard student support package of tuition fee loans and support for living costs plus some additional allowances from the NHS. Visit The Funding Clinic for more information on funding arrangements and what it means for you.

  • Brexit changes

    EU students enrolling on courses in January and September 2019 will pay the same fees as before for the entire duration of their course. You will also be able to apply, if eligible, for the same student loans for the duration of your course.

    What you need to know about Brexit

Get funding for your degree

There are a range of funding and loan options available to ensure you are able to attend university whatever your financial background.

Apply for a tuition fee loan

You can apply for a student loan to cover the cost of your tuition during your studies. This loan means that you will not have to pay fees upfront yourself and instead can repay the cost of your degree once you have graduated and are earning over a certain amount.

If this is your second undergraduate degree, at the same level or lower than what you previously studied, you may not be eligible for a student loan. Courses such as Teaching, Midwifery, Nursing and Social Work are exempt but please check the Student Finance website.

Apply with Student Finance

  • Apply for a maintenance loan

    You can apply for a maintenance loan to help towards the cost of living expenses. This loan is means tested against your household income and must be paid back once you have graduated and are earning over a certain amount.

    See what you could expect

  • Apply for a scholarship or bursary

    We offer a range of scholarships and awards to recognise your academic achievement and potential. Unlike a loan, you don't have to pay them back.

    Find a scholarship

Other ways to pay for your studies

Part-time work

At Middlesex you can work part-time for the University in a variety of student jobs on- and off-campus including Student Ambassador roles.

More employability support

Student support fund

If you are experiencing financial difficulties or do not have access to the necessary money for your course then you can get support through our student support fund.

Contact Student Welfare Advice

Reduction of fees

We offer a reduction of fees to some students, including the children of Gurkhas.

Ask us for information

Help from your employer

Your employer can contribute towards the cost of your studies as part of their staff development programme. If this is the case, please ask your employer to supply a letter (on formal letter-headed paper) detailing their contribution towards your fees.

You will then need to complete our Online Query form, attach the letter and add ‘Sponsorship Information’ in the Subject field.

Career Development loan

Many banks offer career and professional development loans that can be used towards the cost of work-related learning. If this is not your first full-time degree, they can help support the cost of up to two years of learning, or three years if the period of learning includes one year's relevant unpaid work experience / placement.

Check if you are eligible

Withdrawing from a course

If you wish to leave a course before completing it, let us know through Unihelp as soon as possible. How much of the annual tuition fees you will have to continue to pay is determined by where you are in the academic year when you withdraw.

International students >

Fees and funding for international students can be quite different to UK/EU students. That's why we have information specifically for our international students including cost of your degree, ways to pay and information about your deposit.

Confused about finance?

Student finance support

Ask us a question

In this section

Back to top