Middlesex University London is pleased to announce British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM during the 2022/23 academic year.
In partnership with the British Council, Middlesex University London is offering six fully-funded scholarships for female students from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan or Sri Lanka studying an eligible STEM course.
The scholarships aim to support girls and women who are under-represented in STEM. Applicants will be required to demonstrate their financial need and how they would inspire future generations of women to pursue a career in STEM.
Each scholarship covers full tuition fees, a monthly stipend for a year and a return flight (economy fare). It also covers other related costs including the IELTS exam fee and pre-sessional English course.
The scholarships can be used by females students undertaking the following courses:
To apply for a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM, you must:
- be a woman, this also include cis-gendered, trans or people who identify as non-binary
- be a passport holder and permanent resident of Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan or Sri Lanka
- have not previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK
- demonstrate a case for financial needbe available to commence your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2022
- have completed your undergraduate degree or have all components of an undergraduate degree to date that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at Middlesex University London by the time you submit your application
- meet the English language requirement for your programme or pass the Pre-Sessional English Programme at Middlesex University London
- be motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK postgraduate taught course
- demonstrate your interest in the programme you are applying for and that you are active in your chosen field
- demonstrate that you are willing to contribute in the future to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from Middlesex University London
- agree to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the UK and engage with activities as part of a Scholarships for Women in STEM alumnus during and after your study in the UK. Any involvement in these activities during your study in the UK will take up no more than five hours per term
- demonstrate in your application a plan and a passion to engage other women and girls in STEM from your home country
- have received an offer to study for one of the eligible programmes by 2pm (GMT) on Friday 9th March 2021
You must agree for your personal data to be shared with the British Council, who will be jointly responsible with Middlesex University London for allocating the scholarships.
Please email any team members STEMScholarships@mdx.ac.uk with ‘Women in STEM’ as the subject header if you have any questions.