Logo close icon

Scholarships and support

Scholarships, bursaries, and awards can reduce your tuition fees or help pay your living expenses, and you won’t be expected to pay this money back.

Find out which awards you might be eligible for by reading the information below.

You can apply for as many scholarship awards that you are eligible for. However, you can only be awarded a maximum of one scholarship.

  • Scholarships

    • Regional awards

      Amount of Scholarship: Up to £5,000 towards course fees for the first year of study


      • Talented students who have demonstrated high levels of academic excellence in their previous studies

      How to apply:

      Contact your regional team

    • Chevening Scholarship

      Amount of Scholarship: Full Postgraduate tuition fees


      • Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory
      • Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
      • Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK by the time you submit your application
      • Have at least two years of work experience
      • Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 17 July 2023
      • Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 17 July 2023

      How to apply:


    • The Commonwealth Scholarship

      Amount of Scholarship: Full Postgraduate tuition fees, airfare to and from the UK and a living allowance


      • Citizen or permanent resident of a Commonwealth country
      • Undergraduate honours degree of at least upper second class
      • Must be unable to afford to study in the UK without the scholarship

      How to apply:

      Apply directly on the Commonwealth scholarship website

    • MESCyT Scholarship

      Amount of Scholarship: Full tuition fee payment, accommodation costs and a monthly living allowance.


      • Your nationality must be Dominican, and you should have permanent residence in the Dominican Republic
      • Have an undergraduate degree with a minimum of 80 on the zero to 100 scale or three on the zero to four scale

      How to apply:

      • Apply directly to Middlesex to receive an offer to study
      • Apply directly to MESCyT, specifying the Middlesex course in the application form

      For more information and to apply for a scholarship, visit the MESCyT website.

    • The Textile Alliance Scholarship for Masters in Arts and Design

      Amount of Scholarship: The scholarship will fund tuition fees and living expenses in London for the duration of the course.


      • High achieving student who is a permanent resident in China and Hong Kong to study full time for a one-year masters course, in an Art and Design discipline at Middlesex University. The student will be assessed on their design skills and ability by our academic staff in London and our Asia Pacific Regional Hub.

      How to apply:

      Contact the Asia Pacific Regional Hub for more details.

Money saving tips

Make the most of your money - there is a great range of discount supermarkets near the campus. You can take advantage of student discounts online and in stores across the UK.

EU student finance

From September 2021, EU students will be charged the same tuition fee as international students as the UK has now exited the EU.

In order to continue our support for European students, we are offering a bursary to offer holders who start their studies in January 2024 or September 2024.

Americas information

Middlesex is licensed to administer and certify loan applications for the United States Department of Education (USDE) Direct Loan programme on behalf of eligible U.S. students.

Find out more about loans and scholarships for American students.

Funding from your government

Many governments also offer funding to help their students to study abroad.

Check your country's Ministry of Education to see if there is any assistance available to you, visit your country information page, or contact your nearest regional office.

In this section

Back to top