Well done on your offer for postgraduate study at Middlesex - here's what happens next
Get ready to stand out
We are very happy to welcome talented students like you onto our specialist master's courses. We give you a postgraduate experience that is welcoming, inspiring and enterprising.
Our postgraduate courses are designed with your job in mind and connected to real life so you can achieve your career goals. You’ll develop advanced, specialist skills, get practical experience and build networks in a supportive learning environment.
We're doing everything we can to limit the impact that the coronavirus outbreak has on your application to study here. Please visit coronavirus information for new students in 2020 to keep up to date.
Here's everything you need to know as you consider your offer.
Info to make your decision
At Middlesex, we provide everything you need to develop academically and personally. Find out why we're an ideal place for postgraduate study.
Life at Middlesex
While it's not possible to join us on campus right now, check out our virtual campus tour to experience life at Middlesex from the comfort of your own home.
Why not also join our upcoming PG Open Event for the latest information and advice to help you plan for the future.
Secure your place today
Talk to our students
Our postgraduate Course Ambassadors are sharing their experience of studying in your faculty. You can start an online chat with them or take a look at their blogs and videos about finance and careers.
Chat online now with current students about their experience of postgraduate study at Middlesex.
How to respond to your offer
- If you have a conditional offer - your conditional offer letter will include details of the conditions you need to meet in order to secure your place. You'll need to upload documents to show that you've met these to our Online Applicant Portal
- If you have an unconditional offer - you've met all our entry requirements and you don't need to do anything more
- If you need a DBS check - some of our programmes require an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring service), overseas police and/or health check. You will be informed in your offer letter if your programme is one of these.
Track the status of your application using our Online Applicant Portal.
Everyone behind the scenes is doing everything they can to make sure your application is processed and finalised as soon as possible, but with the situation changing all the time:
- We'll continue to give equal consideration to all applications regardless of where you are from, or where you live
- We don't have any plans to change the term, enrolment or induction dates advertised on the website
- We're constantly reviewing the deadlines we have attached to conditions of acceptance
If any details change we'll get in touch with you directly, as soon as we get more information.
Support for students
As a taught or research postgraduate student you can make the most of our tailored support to make sure that your time with us is a success.
We are working hard to minimise the impact of the campus closure on our provision of resources and support we provide to you. Most of our support services are now available online.
Personal and academic support
Here’s a list of just some of the personal and academic support available to you:
- The Learning Enhancement Team (LET) are a team of specialists here to help you develop the academic skills that you need to do well on your course. Tutorials are now being offered through video-calls
- Our virtual learning environment gives you full access to essential resources, whether you’re on campus or not. Lecture slides are available 24/7, giving you the freedom to learn when and where you want
- Our dedicated Counselling and Mental Health team provides mental wellbeing support and a confidential counselling service to help you manage any challenges that you might face while you study with us. We now offer a call back service.
For more information on additional support services available to you here at Middlesex, you can visit the Student Support page.
- Our MDXworks service provides a dedicated career development package tailored to you. Online and on campus, we’re here to offer specialist employability support to advance your career
- The Enterprise Development Hub is ideal for students looking to set up their own business. Our team of experienced advisors provide support and training through a range of workshops.
We look forward to welcoming you at Middlesex. Before you join us, below are a few points that can get you ready for life at Middlesex:
We will send you information about your induction closer to the start of your programme. Induction is the chance to meet your lecturers, fellow students and receive important updates regarding your course.
You’ll receive information about enrolment closer to the start of your programme. It's best to enrol early as this will give you the opportunity to view your timetable and class schedule as soon as possible.
Pay your fees
Once you’ve enrolled, you will be able to pay your fees with a method that is most suitable to you. For support, please email our SWAT team.
Once you’ve enrolled, you’ll get your own personal Middlesex student account, so you can download the Middlesex App to see your timetable, find your classes using the campus map and access support services.
Check your welcome checklist
Please be aware that due to the current pandemic situation, some processes (induction and enrolment) may be alternated to an online process. Please monitor your emails and our coronavirus information for new students in 2020 for any further updates.
University regulations and policies
Now you're coming to join us as a Middlesex student, it is important that you read and understand the University's regulations and policies to understand what you can expect while studying with us.
Get social with MDX
Join us on Instagram | Facebook | Twitter and share your journey to Middlesex with us.