How to apply for undergraduate courses

Start your life-changing journey to study with us at Middlesex University

Apply through Clearing

You can apply for a place to study at Middlesex through Clearing from July and until after Results Day in August.

You are eligible for Clearing if you meet one of the following criteria:

  • You didn’t achieve the grades for your firm and insurance offers
  • You didn’t receive or haven’t accepted any offers
  • You haven’t yet submitted a UCAS application
  • You want to transfer from another university or college

You will be able to call our Clearing hotline before you get your results to explore your options.

Talk to us

Got your results?

Call our Clearing hotline 020 8411 6565

Waiting for your results?

Sign up for Clearing updates

Full-time courses

You must apply for your full-time undergraduate course through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).

What you need to know

Apply for 2019

Students start applying from 1 September so make your application as soon as you’ve found the right course and university. If you can, make sure that your application reaches UCAS by 15 January.

UCAS sends us all applications it receives after this date so you can still apply after January where places are still available. We can’t guarantee however that we’ll be able to give late applications the same consideration as earlier applications.

Start your application

Full-time transfer students

You can transfer from another uni into many of our full-time courses in year two or three. Check our entry requirements for transferring students and then apply through UCAS.

Nursing and midwifery courses

For nursing and midwifery applications, we'll contact you within six weeks to let you know if you are shortlisted for an interview.

Advice for your application

Help with UCAS - find articles and videos to support your application on their website.

Your personal statement - guidance from our current students on writing your personal statement and making your application.

Get application help

Online chat

Call us on +44 (0)20 8411 5555

Use our enquiry form

Part-time courses

To study part-time on our undergraduate courses on a part-time basis then you need to apply directly to Middlesex using our Online Applicant Portal.

When you create an Applicant Portal account, you can submit your application and track its progress. You can also upload your supporting documents, portfolio or show-reel and make subsequent applications.

Start your part-time application

Part-time transfer students

To transfer into a part-time course in year two or three from another university, you also need to create an account for our Online Applicant Portal.

For other applicants

With work experience

We might be able to recognise your work experience or previous learning as part of our entry requirements and even award it towards your degree. Find out more about what previous learning is eligible and how to claim.

Mature applicants

We welcome your application to study with us as a mature student. You are considered mature if you are over the age of 21 and you didn't go to university after school or college.

We will consider your application on an individual basis and we may also invite you to an interview to get to know more about you.

Deferred entry

To take a year out, apply through UCAS to start your course after a year or defer your existing offer through UCAS to the next start date.

Exceptions to this are:

International students

Get help and advice for your application including information on visas and immigration in our section for international students.

Apply as an international student

In this section

Back to top