Dr. Ramona Trestian joined the School of Science and Technology at Middlesex University in August 2013 where she currently is a Senior Lecturer in Computing and Communications Engineering. She was previously an IBM-IRCSET Exascale Postdoctoral Researcher with the Performance Engineering Laboratory (PEL) at Dublin City University (DCU), Ireland since December 2011. The position was in collaboration with IBM Research and Development department located in Dublin. In March 2012 she was successfully awarded the PhD from Dublin City University, Ireland.
Module Leader for:
PDE4830 Mobile Communications
PDE4825 Intelligent Environments and IoT
PDE2100 Computer Systems Engineering 2
Doctoral and Masters (Research) students are welcome in the areas of:
Dinh-Van, Son and Hoang, Tiep M. and Trestian, Ramona and Nguyen, Huan X. (2022) Unsupervised deep learning-based reconfigurable intelligent surface aided broadcasting communications in industrial IoTs. IEEE Internet of Things Journal . ISSN 2327-4662 (Published online first)
Davis, William and Yaqoob, Mahnoor and Bennett, Luke and Mihai, Stefan and Hung, Dang Viet and Trestian, Ramona and Karamanoglu, Mehmet and Barn, Balbir and Nguyen, Huan X. (2022) An innovative blockchain-based traceability framework for industry 4.0 cyber-physical factory. In: 11th International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management, 18-20 Feb 2022, Oxford, United Kingdom. (Accepted/In press)
Covaci, Alexandra and Saleme, Estevao B. and Assres, Gebremariam Mesfin and Comsa, Ioan-Sorin and Trestian, Ramona and Santos, Celso A. S. and Ghinea, Gheorghita (2022) Multisensory 360 videos under varying resolution levels enhance presence. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics . ISSN 1077-2626 (Published online first)
Al-Jawad, Ahmed and Comsa, Ioan-Sorin and Shah, Purav and Gemikonakli, Orhan and Trestian, Ramona (2021) An innovative reinforcement learning-based framework for quality of service provisioning over multimedia-based SDN environments. IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting , 67 (4). pp. 851-867. ISSN 0018-9316
Al-Jawad, Ahmed and Comsa, Ioan-Sorin and Shah, Purav and Gemikonakli, Orhan and Trestian, Ramona (2021) REDO: a reinforcement learning-based dynamic routing algorithm selection method for SDN. In: 2021 IEEE NFV-SDN, 09–11 Nov 2021, Virtual Conference.
· Dublin City University (Performance Engineering Laboratory), Ireland, 2008-present.
· Indian Institute of Information Technology Sri City, India, 2017-present.
· Brunel University, UK, 2017-present.
· Kent University, UK, 2018-present.
· Swiss Distance University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland, 2019-present.
· Harran University, Turkey, 2014-2020.
· Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India, 2012-2015.
· IBM Exascale Research Group Dublin, Ireland, 2011-2017.
· National College of Ireland (National E-Learning Laboratory), Ireland, 2008-2011.
· University College Dublin (Performance Engineering Laboratory), Ireland, 2008-present
· Dublin City University (Radio-Frequency Simulation Laboratory), Ireland, 2008-2010.
· Politecnico di Milano (Dipartimento di Elettronica de Informazione), Italy, 2007.