Academic Quality Service (AQS)
The Academic Quality Service has institutional responsibility for quality assurance and enhancement, and provides administrative support for quality processes in Schools. The Academic Quality Service:
- Leads on the development of the University's quality assurance and enhancement strategies, policies and procedures for taught programmes, and ensures their implementation.
- Supports faculties in the implementation of local quality processes for taught programmes.
- Manages the University’s validation and review, external examiner, annual monitoring and student engagement processes, and processes for partner institutional approval/due diligence and annual monitoring.
- Provides taught programme quality assurance/enhancement guidance, support and training to staff across the University and in partner organisations.
- Officers and minutes the key University committees concerned with academic quality and standards
- Is the University's representative and key point of contact for external bodies in relation to the University’s responsibilities for quality and standards.