Education Studies goes beyond just teaching and learning, setting you well on your way for a range of careers in the Education sector and beyond. Our degree is taught by expert tutors with extensive experience working in educational settings and explores how education defines the world around us.
Why study BA Education Studies at Middlesex University?
Our extensive history of delivering courses in the Department of Education means you benefit from the guidance of passionate academics who bring a wealth of professional experience within education and related sectors to their teaching. As research leaders, our academics are widely published across areas of multilingualism, diversity, child development and education. Our degree will extend your knowledge, skills and understanding of education studies and blends theory with practice.
Throughout the course you will be encouraged to develop employability skills, many of these are built into modules and include reflection, team work skills and professional development. Tutors and the University's Employability Service can provide support for finding suitable term-time and summer work experience. Students receive a Placement Pack which gives them a structure for planning to get the most from their work experience. A practitioner-based module within a workplace requires reflection on workplace structures, roles, responsibilities and skills and provides Level 6 credits. Students are guided to build a digital portfolio which compiles and showcases their developing knowledge and skills applicable to their future career choices.
Alongside the study of education theory and policy, the course draws from a range of disciplines, including history, psychology, philosophy, sociology, and law; which all contribute to the education field.
The theoretical knowledge our students gain is the perfect preparation for a career in policy-making, leadership, administration or management in education and is also an excellent foundation for our prestigious PGCE or Masters courses. Over 1.5 million people are employed in UK education in the public and private sectors, providing opportunities for ambitious graduates.
- You will be supported throughout the process of gaining a practical placement to enhance your employability
- Our tutors are active researchers who bring the latest research findings into their teaching: placing you at the cutting-edge of education practice in the UK
- We'll help you to identify the ideal career route or postgraduate programme and support you to plan a successful future
- You can take part in work experience in an educational setting. Experiences can be evidenced in a digital portfolio
- Our placement office will support you through the placement process, including identifying a suitable host and making a winning application
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.