Nursing and midwifery facilities
Our high-tech nursing and midwifery simulation suites allow you to link the theories of the classroom with the practice of treating patients in a hospital environment.
The suites are equipped with:
- The latest simulators for practicing realistic emergency care situations and scenario-based training
- Life-like mannequins that can simulate symptoms, diseases and conditions you’ll encounter as a working nurse
- Video recorders to broadcast training to students and teachers in adjacent rooms for evidence-based feedback.
The high-tech facilities at our three Veterinary Nursing sites will equip you with the professional experience needed for the workplace. Our sites include:
- A dedicated clinical skills suite that will allow you to develop practical skills in areas such as anaesthesia, theatre, laboratory and radiography
- Fully-equipped computer suites and libraries (including an extensive eLibrary).
- Teaching areas
- Social spaces.
Partner trusts for clinical placement
We maintain strong partnership relationships with NHS and independent health and social care organisations so that you’ll have access to excellent placement opportunities as a nursing or midwifery student. We have approximately 500 pre-registration students out on placement at any one time, with over 400 placements being utilised.
Main placement providers
Our main placement providers are:
In addition to a number of placements in both community and hospital environments in the NHS Trusts and independent sector that are highlighted above, we also have a range of placements in the following areas:
- General Practice Nursing
- Care Homes
- Nurseries and Play Schemes
- Learning disability homes
- Specialist areas such as children’s hospice care, eating disorders, forensics
- Volunteering opportunities with a range of voluntary/ charitable organisations across London
We also work with a number of other London NHS Trusts in supporting a range of pre-registration pathways. These include (but not limited to):
Erasmus / European Placements
In addition to students accessing a range of placements in the London region we have excellent partnerships with European Universities and you will be offered opportunities to undertake a period of exchange (depending on availability). These include placements in Finland, Malta, Denmark, Portugal, Spain and Belgium. To find out more, please view our study abroad pages.