Silver TEF award for teaching excellence
We’ve been awarded Silver for our high-quality teaching in the country's first Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
Why the TEF matters
This government scheme looks at how well students are taught at universities across the UK. It's an independent judgement of our work and how we prepare our students for their future.
Our award winning work
- Our employability service – MDXworks – that gives tailored guidance to students during and after their course
- How we integrate employability skills and knowledge in our curriculum
- Extra academic support through our Student Learning Assistant scheme
- How we value and reward good teaching as showcased by our annual student-led teaching awards
- Steady increase in student satisfaction due to excellent physical and digital resources.
"Students from all backgrounds achieve excellent outcomes." Teaching Excellence Framework Statement of Findings for Middlesex University
What our TEF award means for students
We engage our students – the TEF panel praised our commitment to pro-actively engaging students in their own learning.
We value our students – we were commended in our TEF findings for how we value and invest in our student experience.
"I was continually impressed with the standard of teaching of the professors and lecturers and the positive impact this had on my studies." Katharine Owen, LLM Employment Law Graduate