What makes for a successful negotiator? This course will give you the answer – along with the skills and confidence to negotiate effectively in a range of contexts. Using thought-provoking case studies, you'll explore how to negotiate with difficult people and in challenging situations, as well as gaining essential training in empathy and assertiveness as part of the negotiating process.
This one-day course covers the following areas:
- Techniques for influencing others, including non-verbal communication and social skills
- Levels of power and authority, and the impact on negotiation
- Negotiation strategy, tactics and behaviour
- Conflict and its resolution
- The importance of achieving 'win-win' and its effects on long-term relationships
- The importance of defining objectives, and deciding whether negotiation is the appropriate measure to take
- Ways to identify acceptable outcomes, from the ideal to least acceptable, and their consequences.
By the end of the session, you'll be able to:
- Establish objectives to be achieved by negotiation, formal or informal
- Identify a range of outcomes, from the desired ideal to the ultimate acceptable fall-back position
- Use interpersonal skills to influence others in both informal and formal situations to achieve identified objectives
- Act assertively to achieve objectives
- Reduce resistance and minimise conflict
- Know when and how to accept the opinions, values and the will of others
- Work to achieve a win-win situation
This course is part of the CPD Management Series and other workshops include:
Completion of four of the workshops in this series and a Work-Based Learning Report leads to a Middlesex University Certificate in Personal and Professional Development NQF Level 4.
For further information, please email our Business Development team or call 020 8411 5050.