Learn how to get the very best out of your staff on this specialist workshop designed for managers working in a wide variety of organisations. Using case studies and everyday analogies, you'll explore how to identify the real issues affecting someone's performance, as well as discovering the solutions to address these issues efficiently and effectively.
This intensive one-day course covers the following key areas:
- Concepts of authority and power, responsibility and accountability;
- Differences between managing in public, private and voluntary sectors
- Processes of delegation and empowerment
- Factors influencing behaviour at work; theories of motivation and their application to individuals, including incentives and rewards
- Need for performance assessment, and provision of development and/or counselling where necessary
- Feedback, recognition and reward techniques to support, motivate and monitor.
By the end of the session, you'll be able to:
- Understand concepts of power and authority, responsibility and accountability within an organisation
- Delegate effectively to empower staff and achieve objectives
- Apply appropriate techniques to motivate a diverse range of individuals
- Understand the need to monitor individual performance
- Establish and maintain the commitment of others through support and feedback to enhance performance standards
This course is part of the CPD Management Series and other workshops include:
Completion of four of the workshops in this series and a Work-Based Learning Report leads to a Middlesex University Certificate in Personal and Professional Development NQF Level 4.
For further information, please email our Business Development team or call 020 8411 5050.